Thursday, July 16, 2009

Genevieve

In the quiet of the night
While I pondered on my plight.
And I wondered if there was to be
A place for me.
Hoping that some day
I'd find favor in some way
And that this long night
Would finally end my fight.
While I waited for the dawn
Hoping for my world to be reborn,
Praying not again to be forlorn
Trying hard to mend what 's torn.
Each day my prayers were sundered.
No rest from dreams that blundered
With all my hopes again and again crumbled.
Every day like the one that went before
Every night an awful bore.
No friend or counsel to increase my lore
No help or encouragement to add to my store
Only your love to hold my hand
Just your smile to help me understand.
From where do I derive my shares?
Does God readily lend out his wares?
And why to me who already has misspent?.

No comments:

Post a Comment